relaxing dental appointments await you!
Are You :
Scared or anxious about visiting the dentist?
Delaying treatment you want and need because of fear?
Someone who has trouble with gagging or getting numb?
Overwhelmed by thoughts of repeated visits to the dentist?
Having trouble finding someone you trust?
You are not alone. Almost every patient is scared of visiting the dentist to some degree. Our goal is to create an atmosphere where you feel comfortable and provide service that builds trust. Some dental fears are easily comforted by nitrous gas, other times patients prefer to use sedation dentistry to pursue their necessary treatment. We offer Oral Conscious Sedation, that allows patients to get the smiles they deserve, without remembering much (or usually any) of the experience! Call us today to find out if you are a candidate for our fear-easing treatments!
Make one phone call, and we'll take it from there. You can do this.
More about Sedation Dentistry:
What to expect
1. Make your first appointment. This is a difficult step for many patients, so we make it as easy as possible. Our compassionate, welcoming, and affirming team members want to make your experience as smooth as possible because they understand your fears and hesitations. You'll be comforted to know that many of our team have chosen oral conscious sedation for their own treatment!
2. A welcoming visit. We will gather information regarding your health and discuss your needs and desires. If you are comfortable, we will take x-rays and do an evaluation of your oral health. Dr. Watterson works with hundreds of fearful patients each year and will help you feel as relaxed as possible through your exam. You will never be judged or embarrassed.
3. Preparing for your sedation visit. After Dr. Watterson evaluates your medical history and your dental needs, he will customize a sedation plan for you. This may include taking a sedative the night before your appointment to ensure a good night's sleep. It will also expedite the effectiveness of the medication you will take an hour before your appointment begins.
4. Arriving for treatment. It is imperative that you have a driver to bring you to your appointment and take you home afterwards. Upon arrival Dr. Watterson will evaluate if further medication is necessary to help achieve an appropriate level of comfort. Fortunately, oral conscious sedation medications have an amnesic effect. That means you will have very little, if any, memory of the sights, sounds or smells of your visit. Your experienced oral conscious sedation team will be by your side every step of the way, monitoring you throughout your entire visit.
5. Going home, smiling! When your treatment is complete, you may feel a bit wobbly, so your companion will take you home and stay with you until you have fully recovered. You will be amazed at how much can be accomplished in such a seemingly short period of time, while you were totally relaxed, and completely comfortable.
6. The next day. The majority of oral conscious sedation patients feel no discomfort or residual effects from their visit! A member of our team will follow up with you to check in and answer any questions you might have.
7. Living with your new smile! Our best advice is to prepare yourself for the compliments you will receive as you radiate confidence and joy with your new smile!